Our Two SolutionsThese two websites illustrate two different approaches to providing a mobile-friendly internet experience for people using mobile telephones or narrow tablets (around 51% of UK website visitors).
is an example of a mobile "add-on", where the original (Beatrice) site has remained on line just as it is but when someone visits cycle-the-dordogne.com from a telephone or a narrow tablet, they are redirected automatically to the new mobile version. Try it for yourself...
- go to cycle-the-dordogne.com on a desktop computer (or a wide tablet) and you will see the original Beatrice site
- then go to cycle-the-dordogne.com on a mobile phone (or a narrow tablet) and you will be taken to the new mobile site
- you can change between the two sites on the same device if you want to - the desktop site has a link "Mobile Site" and the mobile site has a link "Desktop site"
is an example of a "responsive" site, where all visitors end up on the new mobile site, whatever device they are using. Being "responsive" means that the page layout and navigation change automatically according to the width of the screen and other characteristics of the visitor's device. Try it for yourself...
- go to lesvoletsblancs.co.uk on a mobile phone (or a narrow tablet) and explore the site
- then go to lesvoletsblancs.co.uk on a desktop computer (or a wide tablet) and see how the page layout and navigation change so that they are more suitable for the wider screen
Which approach should you choose?It's entirely up to you. The one-off cost of building the new mobile version is the same in both cases, at 100 € HT (120 € TTC).*
If you want to retire your existing site and change lock, stock and barrel to the mobile site, the annual hosting charge will be the same as you are paying now.*
If you prefer to retain your existing LetSites site for your desktop visitors (around 49% of UK visitors) and have a mobile version just for the mobile visitors (around 51%), the annual charge will be the same as you are paying now, plus an additional 100 € HT (120 € TTC) per year.*
*Additional charges may apply if your site contains any bespoke one-off pages.